Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Does This Look a Little Long to You? - W.i.P.

This is my version of Bonnie Hunter's String-X quilt. It is very scrappy and very long!  At 68" by 94" about 2 feet of it will wrap under the end of a twin bed!  It is so long because I wanted the pattern to match around the edges and at the corners. Now that it's all quilted, I'm debating about chopping off a row. Except that if I do that, the pattern won't match.  Let's see... who do I know who is very, very tall?

Here's the back. 

The hand-quilting is finished but I still need to cut the edges, square the corners, and cut and sew binding.


I'm linking this post to W.i.P. Wednesday. If you haven't been to Works in Progress (W.i.P.) Wednesday at FreshlyPieced.  I encourage you to race on over right now. You can see the most beautiful images of quilts and other works in progress. Then you can click on the images and be inspired by what everyone else is doing!

--Nancy.
.

5 comments:

  1. Well around here, we like them long. We are a tall family. And even if you are not - it makes the perfect quilt for two people to snuggle under from opposite ends! :) Yours is lovely - I love that pattern. Sigh. Another quilt that needs to me made. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I hadn't thought of snuggling from two ends. I had thought of little children snuggled crossways under it, though. Thanks for your comments.

      Delete
  2. Can't comment on the too long issue, but I can comment on the design, which appeals to me. I love scrappy, but I like controlled scrappy even more. I like how the scrappy parts are set off by the light colored squares.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you about the controlled scrappy look, Stella. I love a grand mix of colors but if there's not some relief for the eye or some restful places in the quilt, it feels uncomfortable to look at. If I should happen to make one of these quilts again I think I would make the bars a little wider and have just a little less whit. Thanks for leaving a comment.

      Delete
  3. It looks great, that one is on my "must do it" list too. I also admired your hand quilting.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading what you have to say. Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...