Wednesday, December 19, 2012

My Unruly Flocks

They are adorable geese but I can't seem to keep the flocks flying straight.  Some want to get out of line just a little and go their own way.  Others nudge their bills into the backs of the ones ahead.  Who knew geese could be such a challenge?!  I'll get them all straightened out before it's over.


I know other Easy Street participants questioned their colors when the last clue came out.  I think we have to trust our choices and just keep playing along.

Here are more of the red and army green geese waiting to be sewn with their green and cream fellow geese:

I've never made a quilt in quite this way, making components then sewing them together into larger components to become a quilt.  I have to say it is very fun to play with the small blocks, laying them out in various patterns.  I haven't had much time to play and less time to photograph but here's one photo I took:

I'm using teal in place of Bonnie's lime green.  She recommended we have about 3 yards of combined fabrics.  I hope I have enough!  I've been searching for more but haven't found any that are remotely similar to the fabrics I already have.  Will my quilt have to be smaller or will I find fabrics to add?  I hope the latter.  (Just to say, the knock-your-socks-off  teal in this photo is much brighter than in real life!)

I'm linking this post to W.i.P. Wednesday at Lee's Freshly Pieced and to Bonnie Hunter's Quiltville Mystery Monday Link Up 12/17.  Thanks to both Lee and Bonnie.

7 comments:

  1. Very Nice! I really like your geese. Probably because I like Army green. I think your quilt is going to look really nice! Happy Sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your fabric choices, it's nice to see someone else using different colours too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your geese look great! I had a bit of trouble with size. Apparently my first ones were a bit on the small side. I'm hoping I have enough that will work in the end. Since I'm making a smaller quilt I'll have to wait and see how the numbers work out. But like you said about color, we just need to play along and see how it all comes together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your colors are so festive! Everything looks great! Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They may be unruly but they're a result of your hard work and they look great to me. Merry Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think your geese are just right. Love the colors

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have the same problem with geese sometimes. They look good though. :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading what you have to say. Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...