Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Early Strings, Strings Everywhere. . .

. . . hanging over a bulletin board,

waiting on the sewing machine,

and nestled into two baskets.

And there are more where those came from.  I just haven't pulled them out yet.  Who knows what these strings will become!

Pieced Brain
I was thinking about strings last week, trying to decide whether to start a project with them now or not.  Then on Saturday, Denise Russell of Pieced Brain invited me to participate in her Strip-easy Quilt Challenge.  I think I might.  I have enough strips that I should be able to make something from them, don't you think?

I'm linking to
Needle and Thread Thursday at My Quilt Infatuation and
I Quilt Thursday @ Pretty Bobbins.  Thank you, Kelly and Gemma.

Thanks for stopping by!


  1. that's a LOT of strings! Can't wait to see what you do with them!

    Thank you so much for partying at Needle and Thread Thursday!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

  2. Looks like "an Adagio for strings" to me by the composer Barber, LOL!

    1. Well, it would be hard to make something as beautiful as Barber's Adagio -- but I'll try. Thanks for visiting.

  3. Wow, Nancy, where did they all come from?! They're going to become something beautiful, I'm sure :)

    1. Hi, Glinda --

      Nearly all of them are from other quilts and projects I've made but there are a few long strips that came from a recycling coop a few years ago. I'm feeling inundated, but then I thought everyone had just as many strings!


I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading what you have to say. Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...