The top is stitched together but I haven't decided about a border / borders. The top is a little on the smallish side at 54" x 72" so it really needs a border. I thought narrow red then wider tan then a piano-key string border but it didn't work (and I forgot to take photos). Then I thought narrow red with piano-key strings, but I didn't think that worked either. Next I considered strips of red sewn together into a wider border. (I don't know how I managed it but I have a lot of long red strings.) My next thought was a dark, medium-width border. I'll have to fold or cut some fabric to try that out. Size isn't the only reason it needs a border, though. As it is, it looks incomplete to me.
I worked hard to get the blocks stitched and ironed before family comes to visit this week. I'll put it away now but after Thanksgiving I hope to pull it back out and give it more thought.