When I cut out behind the appliqued stars I had more scraps already sewn together into about 4" squares. So I squared them and sewed them together with 3/4" sashing and tiny 3/4" center squares.
I continued making more and now have 23. But then I thought I might want to use those light scraps to make a border for the star quilt. So I quit sewing the leftover scrap blocks until I knew whether they would work for a border. This is when progress on one quilt depends on another quilt.
Yesterday I laid the light scraps around the quilt, considering how they would look as a border. It's not enough for me to imagine, and sometimes it's not even enough to see with the naked eye. Sometimes I see things better in a photograph. This time, just waiting till the next morning for a second look was enough; and the photograph added confirmation.
Now that I know I won't be using those scraps for the star border, I can make more of these blocks.
Sometimes, when I look at these blocks hanging together the thought of an old-fashioned window frame with small panes of glass comes to mind. It's too soon to tell how these will go together.
I'm linking this post to blogs below and thank the ladies who host these link-ups.
- Scraptastic Tuesday at Mrs Sew and Sow
- Oh Scrap! at Quilting Is more fun than Housework
- I May [KNOW I] Have a Scrap Problem - Ready for April at Confessions of a Fabric Addict
- To-Do Tuesday 4-12/16 at Stitch All the Things
- Linky Tuesday at Freemotion by the River
- Building Blocks Tuesday at Quilter in the Closet
- Sew Cute Tuesday at Blossom Heart Quilts
Thanks for visiting.