Sunday, May 27, 2018

Little Tin Soldier Gets a Heart

This is the little tin soldier for Cheri Payne's Sweet Land of Liberty quilt that I'm making along with Lori of Humble Quilts and others who are sewing along, too.   Today I stitched his heart onto his chest. 


He'll be stitched into a bigger block with three little girls.  I'm not sure about the arrangement yet.  Perhaps the girl with the flowered dress will exchange places with the girl in the striped dress.  I'll figure it out.


I was also able to a little on the Flowers quilt.  (No photo now.  I'll post it when it's finished.)  I only have the vase, the piece of fabric it sits on, and six berries to applique in place and then it's done. 

I'm linking this post to Slow Sunday Stitching at Kathy's Quilts,  Thanks for hosting, Kathy.

--Nancy.
.

6 comments:

  1. Are these all on Facebook files because I can not find all of them? Help! quiltyladyrr@gmail.com Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of the patterns are in the files on Cheri's Facebook page but not all. People who don't have the actual pattern are substituting other, similar patterns or creating their own.

      "Doll Block" is in the files and another doll that I've seen people use is "Golly Gee." There's an eagle in the files. I don't know about the others.

      One of these days I hope to go through those pattern files on Cheri's FB page and make an index of what shapes are included in each pattern: dolls, houses, flowers, etc. Some day when I don't have anything else to do. (Ha ha.)

      Delete
  2. You are coming along great. I like the colors your have chosen. The flowered dress is especially cute. At this rate you'll be caught up in no time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Robin. You are such a great cheerleader! I'm hoping to finish May's blocks/section by Thursday afternoon. I have too many things going on at the same time and am having trouble staying focused!

      Delete
  3. When I made my blocks for this quilt (a long time ago), I really enjoyed making the tin man. He looks good with those three girls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Karen. He was a fun little guy to make. I especially like that he has a little heart.

      Delete

I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading what you have to say. Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...