Monday, October 15, 2018

Bluebells

I finally have a little finish.  Below is an in-progress photo of Bluebells, the sixth block for Linda Brannock's Flowers quilt.  I'm making this with a Facebook group (and am, as usual, behind everyone else).

Bluebells for Linda Brannock's Flowers quilt

I should have taken a photo or two of the pinned block and looked at it objectively.  Do you ever think something you're making looks great and then, when it's finished, realize there were one or two things you could have changed and it would have been better?  I do it too often.  I might have moved a leaf or two, and I might have curved a stem a little more.  I know I can still make those changes because I haven't cut out the back but I don't want to.  It's great to finish and be finished.  But then, it may happen that the block will insist on the changes (or maybe just my eyes will insist).

Bluebells for Linda Brannock's Flowers quilt

The background of this block is cut at 12½" x 19½" so it's long and thin.  Every block in this quilt is a different size.

September was packed with activities and events and I didn't have much time for sewing or stitching.  October's shaping up to be almost as busy.  Stitch by stitch, I just keep going to eventual finishes.

Do you ever have too-busy weeks or months to make quilts?

I'm linking this post to
> BOMs Away at What a Hoot Quilts
> Friday Night Sew In (FNSI) at Sugarlane Designs
> Finished or Not Friday at Busy Hands Quilts
Thanks for hosting, ladies.

Nancy.
.

10 comments:

  1. Very timely question. Just this morning I finished a little top and when I took a photo of it I realized the center leaf was way too bright, so yes I rook it out and replaced it. That being said, I think your block looks perfect as is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Wendy. Your comment is encouraging. I always imagine that experienced quilters don't have the same problems I have in choosing fabric, colors, placement, etc. I'm so glad I'm not alone.

      Delete
  2. I like your bluebells!! I don't have a different expectation in my mind's eye to compare it to, though, so nothing about it bothers me. And oh, yes. . . I definitely have faced many months this year of too much happening to make quilts, and while I'm very blue about that (having started the year with grand expectations), I'm also very happy with the other work that has been coming to fruition. I'm really enjoying getting back into my quilting groove finally!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lynette. I guess I forget about all the other things I accomplish when I don't get quilts made. I should take a lesson from you and be happy with the other things that I do finish.

      Delete
  3. The bluebells look very fine to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Joanne. You're very gracious to say so.

      Delete
  4. Love your bluebells! This is my too busy month--just got home from quilt camp and leave for another one on Monday. Hopefully it will warm up a bit this week so I can get my dahlia root dug up before the ground freezes. In the meantime, I'm cutting up fabric so I don't run out of projects--lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Karen. Oh, you do have a busy month with two quilt camps! Is it very cold where you are? We had mid-80s last week and now frost this morning. Crazy Ohio weather. I hope you get your dahlia inside soon. One of these days I'll cut fabric, too, but not just yet. I have too many quilts in progress just now (and too little time to finish them). Enjoy your cutting and your camp!

      Delete
  5. Great work! I love this quilt and made it once and gave it to a friend who was going thru a rough patch. Seeing you work on yours makes me want to do another one. Have been tearing my sewing room apart looking for the booklets. Hopefully I’ll find them one of these days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Karrin. I would love to see a photo of your quilt. I'm not very faithful to the pattern as far as placement of pieces goes. I hope you find the pattern booklets. I'm making this with a Facebook group but she closed the group not long ago thinking that it was too late for newcomers to catch up.

      Delete

I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading what you have to say. Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...