Sunday, November 25, 2018

Quilts for Paradise, Another Way to Help the Fire Victims

There are so many needs in California because of the fires. It's tragic.

I know Lori of Humble Quilts is collecting quilting supplies and other items to take to quilters in Paradise and I highly recommend donating to her fund if you want to/are able.  We who create know the difference having creative materials can make in the life of a quilter.

And Lynn, of Sew'n Wild Oats, is raffling off her exquisite "Emelie Elizabeth" quilt to help obtain funds for those in Paradise. 

Another way quilters (or owners of quilts, or those who want to buy and give a quilt) can help is by donating a lap size quilt to “Warm Hugs for the Holidays” Camp Fire Quilt Relief Effort.  A friend posted this flyer on Facebook and gave me permission to repost here. 

I know the people of Paradise will appreciate any help they receive.

--Nancy.
.

6 comments:

  1. I plan to donate through somebody, but it may just be cash. I don't have any lap quilts that I can get ready that quickly, and don't have time to go through the sewing room for donate-able stuff right now. But I imagine cash works. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cash works, Janet. Cash always works in situations like these!

      I'm sending along that green and blue Buckeye Beauty quilt. I don't love it but I think it will keep someone warm. (I was thinking it couldn't be too cold in California but when I checked the other evening, it was 49 degrees. Definitely cool enough to need a quilt.)

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much for doing this! I have sent some, but I know it can never be enough. What a tragedy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. I didn't organize anything for this, am just announcing that it's a way to donate.

      None of us alone can ever do enough but if many people contributes a little it can help a lot.

      Delete
  3. I've just added this information to my blog. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for including this on your blog post, Barb. I didn't organize this quilt collection, just posted the announcement for it. I'm sure there are lots of other ways to help, too.

      Delete

I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading what you have to say. Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...