Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Cheddarback One Monthly Goal for September

This month there are the usual five blocks for Cheddarback, one 12" and four 5".  But two of the 5" blocks are letters. 


We can make the ones shown or we can choose others.  Gay has created letter patterns which we can purchase or we can make our own patterns.  I'm stuck on choosing which letters to use.  I have four initials if I include my first, middle, maiden, and surnames, which leaves the need for one more.  Or I could do my first and last name, or ....  I wish I knew what Mrs. Cheddarback's letters stand for!

I haven't started pulling fabrics yet but will soon. 

Making these blocks is my One Monthly Goal for September.  I hope it will be a fairly easy goal to reach despite how difficult that first star looks!

I'm linking this post to One Monthly Goal September Link-up at Elm Street Quilts.  Thanks for hosting, Patty.

--Nancy.
.

14 comments:

  1. I considered using the first letter of each of my grandkids names. That spells JADED.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JADED is fun. I hadn't thought of what all the letters together might spell because they are so far apart in the quilt -- two at the top and the rest at the bottom. I'll look forward to seeing the letters you choose.

      Delete
  2. I have 4 initials, too, but I usually drop my middle initial and use my first, maiden, and last initials.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since my middle and maiden name start with the same letter, I don't know what I'm using, Janet.  Occasionally people ask me what the "D"  stands for and I can never decide whether it's my middle name or my maiden name.  I'm using an N and a D for the first two letters but don't know about the other three.

      Delete
  3. Cute letters. First and last name would leave no doubt as to the maker of the quilt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, Cynthia, at least to quilters of this generation and people who know the maker of this quilt.  In the original quilt the letters don't identify anyone to us a generation later.  I wish I knew what the original maker's letter stood for.  It's strange that there are two at the top, then toward the bottom, there is one on one line and in the row below that there are two letters side-by-side. 

      Delete
  4. Fun blocks. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, it would be really nice if the letters were very meaningful to you. Good luck with this Nancy.
    I enjoyed reading about your airedale and wrote a long comment which got lost...hazard of writing in the middle of the night, LOL. And then couldn't find that site to revisit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jocelyn.

      You probably saw either this post, https://joyforgrace.blogspot.com/2019/06/a-sad-farewell.html, or this one:  https://nancysfamilyhistoryblog.blogspot.com/2019/06/hannah-airedale-who-loved-me.html. 

      How I miss my girl Hannah!

      Delete
  6. Oh! Do your name - that is 5 blocks! this is going to be cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't thought about doing my name, Alycia, probably because the letters are so spread out -- two at the top, three near the bottom in two different rows.  But it's something to think about!

      Delete

I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading what you have to say. Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...