Monday, October 7, 2019

One Monthly Goal for October

For Cheddarback this month we only have two 12" blocks to make.  The first is pieced with three five different fabrics (and looks oh-so-similar to one I made a month or two ago).  The other is three flowers created from diamonds and triangles, plus stems, and a basket.  It looks challenging to me.  You can see the original blocks here.  I'm looking through my fabrics, trying to find and decide which to use.

possible fabrics for Cheddarback Blocks 34 and 35

My One Monthly Goal for October is to sew the above blocks and to cut sashing and cornerstones for the seven quartets of small blocks, below, and sew them into seven 12" blocks.

Cheddarback small blocks for first 7 months

I think this is a doable goal -- as long as I can quickly choose fabric for the cornerstones!

I'm linking this post to One Monthly Goal - October Link-up at Elm Street Quilts.  Thanks for hosting, Patty.

--Nancy.
.

12 comments:

  1. You can do this easily. Only take you 743 hours give or take a minute or 2.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, but I don't really have that long since I didn't make the decision until a quarter of the way through the month!  I'll have to work faster, I guess!

      Delete
  2. Love the blocks. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think choosing the fabrics is going to be the hardest part of this quilt along--lol! Good luck with your goal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Karen.  I think you're right about fabrics being the hardest part.  It has been so far, and not just choosing but finding fabrics similar to the originals or at least ones that look twin-like -- at least for me.

      Delete
  4. I think the original maker of this quilt did things the hard way. The Carolina Lily is just so much more work than it needs to be. It is fun seeing all those little squares together instead of the original setting. Such a variety. . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Robin.  I've never made a Carolina Lily before so I'm wondering what would make it easier?  It is usually a pieced block or is there some other method of stitching it together that would make it easier? 
      It is fun to see the little blocks together.  If they weren't so hard I'd considering making lots of 5" blocks to fill a whole quilt.

      Delete

I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading what you have to say. Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...