Saturday, December 14, 2019

The Would-Be Spinners and Other Snapshots

Industrious, little, would-be spinners
This print caught my eye at the thrift store and made me laugh.  These cherubic girls are so serious about what they're doing -- and making such a mess!
 
Rubbits
I've never used these but I love the bright colors!

A frosted rue leaf
Rue is one of the bitter herbs with a bitter fragrance and strong oils, not much-liked by many people.  I think it's a beautiful plant and am surprised that it doesn't make my hands break out with an allergic reaction when I touch it.  So many other herbs do.

A shadow
We were making a repair in one of the bedrooms when I noticed this charming shadow on the wall.  It was from the curtains.

Ash Leaves
We have a beautiful ash tree in our yard.  We have been treating it for emerald ash borer for years.  We thought it was doing pretty well until this year.  We'll have it treated again this coming spring.  In the meantime I thought I should save several of its autumn leaves.  Just in case....

Mill wheel and building
A view of the Weisenberger Mill building located somewhere between Versailles and Lexington, Kentucky.  I love the red/burgundy window trim against the grey walls.

Perhaps a painter's sample? 
A canvas found at the thrift store.  I loved the variations of corals.

And an anecdote from my grandson, little I, who will be 4 in January.  I read a book to him and his sister, O, who will be 6 in January.  In the book the little girl holds a bottle of cologne and calls it "smell-good."  I asked the two if they knew what "smell-good" was.  Little I burst out with, "Lavender!"  He is a child after my own heart.  Lavender is one of my favorite fragrances.

Every week I take photos of things that capture my attention -- at the grocery store, the thrift store, on a walk, in the house.  And they all sit on my computer doing nothing.  I've decided to send them out into the world and let them have the spotlight for a few minutes.

Thanks for visiting,
--Nancy.
.

6 comments:

  1. Such a fun post, Nancy! I loved getting a peek of the things that catch your eye and tug on your heart during the week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Karin.  I love seeing what the camera captures (which is sometimes different than what I think I see).  I have too many photos!

      Delete
  2. A lovely collection of pics. I am especially taken with the little girls spinning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jennie.  Oh, me, too:  I think the girls are adorable, though if I found my grandchildren messing with my spinning the way those girls are I probably wouldn't think it quite so funny, at least not immediately.  So often I take a quick glance and pass over the paintings.  I'm glad this one caught my eye.

      Delete
  3. Love those spinners. :)
    It is fun to see the things that catch your attention.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are too cute, aren't they, Janet?  It's fun to look at my photos, too.  I'm starting to think of them as my memory.  By the end of the week I've forgotten half of what I saw!  It's awful.

      Delete

I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading what you have to say. Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...