Tuesday, November 30, 2021

Dear Prudence, Pin-Basted - One Monthly Goal Finish

Pam Buda's Dear Prudence variation
This is my version of Pam Buda's Quilt Archaeology sew-along quilt, Dear Prudence.  And I'm barely in time to post my One Monthly Goal for November.  (You never know what a month will bring that will delay a goal.)  I just finished making the backing, layering, and pin-basting it tonight.  But, it's done!

In the photo above the brown at the bottom captured the color of the fabric I used better than in the photo below.  I'm satisfied with the colors I chose even though I know the grey border is really close in shade to the brown.  I think they will be fine together.
Pam Buda's Dear Prudence variation
I'm looking forward to quilting this though I don't know when I'll get started, though I'm still undecided about how to quilt it.  Since it's small maybe I can handle this now, while sciatica is preventing me from doing other things.  We'll see.

I'm linking this post to One Monthly Goal November Finish Link-up at Elm Street Quilts.  Thanks for hosting, Patty.

--Nancy.

6 comments:

  1. That's going to be beautiful, Nancy. Congrats on meeting your OMG for November!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love how this turned out. The brown border was definitely the right choice, and the gray inner border enhances it. Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I like the gray border. It looks great. This turned out so well. It is very tailored looking, like it has something important to say.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great finish, Nancy! I am glad you found a nice border color that pleased you.And since there is grey and brown in the blocks, the two borders tie it all together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a precious little thing you have made.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading what you have to say. Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...