Finished. I think.
And then I think, does that bird need an eye? Or claws at the ends of its stick-legs? Or a little definition around the wing? Whether or not I add those I'm still calling this a finished block.
This basket was made using a pattern Cheri Payne created and shared on her facebook group, Quilts by Cheri~Friendship Group. She gave us the pattern pieces but did not assign the placement of the pieces. The result is that there are a huge variety of basket blocks, each different than the others, as participants chose how to add a handle; where to place bird, flowers, and berries and whether to make many or few; and chose their own colors and fabrics.
Cheri's style is primitive. I don't know that this particular block I've made looks primitive. It may be a little too self-conscious but considering it's the first time I've tried this style I'm satisfied with it.
Cheri's already posted the second basket. I better get busy!
I'm linking this post to
- TGIFF at A Quarter Inch from the Edge
- Can I Get a Whoop Whoop? at Confessions of a Fabric Addict
- WIPs Be Gone at A Quilting Readers Garden
- Fabric Frenzy Friday at Fort Worth Fabric Studio
- finish it up Friday at crazy mom quilts
- Finished or Not Friday at Busy Hands Quilts
Thanks for hosting, ladies.