Saturday, July 17, 2021

Hourglass Top and a Farm Photo

I've been resting most of this week after my week of huge energy expenditure at my daughter's home.  It usually happens that it takes a week to recover after a week's visit.  It's all good and I wouldn't trade it for the world.

This quilt was on the floor when I left.  It's sewn into a top, awaiting the next step.  (Ignore the white tags on the left.  They are the row numbers that I didn't remove after sewing.)
Hourglass Quilt Time FliesI really didn't think I would do the "Chinese lanterns," but then I hit on the idea of making a lighter rectangle in the middle with the hourglasses turned the other way.  It's a little different, a little interesting, I think.

I thought maybe a red border would work.  I have ~6" wide strips left over from another quilt, a backing, I think.  This red looks better in the photo than in person but I might still use it.  No red will be perfect because there are so many reds in the blocks.  When I have more energy next week maybe I'll try out some other colors/fabrics.  Maybe the top would benefit from a narrow inner border....  Pink, like the center blocks?  Grey/brown?  Black?  Hmmm....  I have some playing to do.
Time Flies hourglass quilt
I'm still stitching the binding on Autumn Maples.  I hope to have it finished by the end of the week.

What else?  A reader said she'd like to see photos of my daughter & son-in-law's farm.  I hope to post those soon.
It was rainy most of the days we were there so there aren't any photos with blue skies.  Even so, it's always beautiful and peaceful outside at the farm.

--Nancy.

8 comments:

  1. What a lovely country road!

    The Hourglass quilt is delightful. I have never seen this setting before, it is as you said, interesting. I like the red border---bold!

    lizzy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lizzy. That quilt is still on the floor, awaiting attention. Maybe next week!

      Delete
  2. I love this quilt. The center lighter squares make the quilt pop. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Cathy. It's growing on me but I don't yet love it. I hope the quilting, when I get to it, will help.

      Delete
  3. I like the layout and the red border is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Katie. I hope to get to this quilt next week but for now, it's still on the floor waiting.

      Delete
  4. I've put Liquid Bandage on my shopping list as I always give my poor fingers a hard time with all the hand stitching. Thanks for that tip.
    Meanwhile, I love how this quilt is looking with your present arrangement. I wish you could visit me and help with that issue. Glad you had a wonderful time at the farm. You are so right; it is hard to believe now we are the grandmothers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like the Liquid Bandage. Best to put it on before you have open skin or it will sting like crazy.
      Thanks for the comment about the quilt.

      Delete

I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading what you have to say. Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...