Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Will I, Won't I?

I'm almost finished with these blocks.  My goal was 30 and I have 28 sewn.  I have 6 yet in progress.  When I'm making a scrap quilt I always like to make a few extra blocks to trade out if some don't just quite "fit" visually.

These are made from both old and new fabric, solids, prints, stripes, plaids.  Such a variety.  I love mixing old and new.

Now that the blocks are almost finished I'm thinking more earnestly about the other details.

Will I or won't I
-- use an arbitrary layout?
-- organize the layout by light/dark or some other way?
-- use wide or narrow sashing?
-- make stars in the sashing?
-- set them straight or on point?
-- be overly cautious and take the safe route with sashing?
-- be bold with sashing by using stripes or a completely different color?

I'm linking this post 
W.i.P. Wednesday at Freshly Pieced and
WOW at Esther's Blog.

--Nancy.
.


6 comments:

  1. Ooh, I love your blocks. I can't wait to see how you answer all those questions. What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Decisions...decisions! You will fret over your choices and whatever you decide, I know those pretty blocks will turn into a beautiful quilt, They look absolutely wonderful laid out together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love this block so much, seeing your version just reminds me that I need to just break down and make a quilt from this (sooner rather than later).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good idea, I always make extra of everything too, just in case it doesn't look right! Yours looks stunning, this will be a striking quilt when finished

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just adore these blocks and I am sure it will be fun deciding how to put them together. I'm eager to see the end result. Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading what you have to say. Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...