Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Do the Corners...

... have to be square?

This corner is off by about one 16th of an inch.  Some of the others were off more.  Strangely enough, they all started out square before I began quilting.  The more I try to square one, the worse the others seem to become.  What is that all about, anyway?  How does it happen?  Maybe because fabric is so moveable?

Wouldn't it be great to have a huge--really huge--cutting mat?  Big enough to cover a pool table.

Wouldn't it be great if there were some magical way to square the corners after the quilting is finished?

I finished the quilting on Olivia's quilt on Saturday.  I hope to add the binding tomorrow and finish it.  She's only (only!) 2 months and a week old.  I'm not too late for her to use it.

Happy quilting!

--Nancy.
.

6 comments:

  1. I know how you feel, no matter how hard I try, it is never square. I personally don't think that it would matter, especially if all that is left is the binding. I don't think the baby will care. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great. Bind it and love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great to me. I do love the idea of a ginormous cutting board!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. To me a 16/th of an inch IS square! lol When you sew the binding on, you'll never even notice the discrepancy.:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree...1/16th is close enough to call it square! I think I've created more "un-square" corners than square ones in my quilting life. And I think the only ones who would notice are judges at quilt shows and I don't really quilt for them anyway.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading what you have to say. Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...