Monday, November 17, 2014

"November"

You remember that poem about November by Thomas Hood?  Part of it goes like this:
No sun - no moon!
No morn - no noon -
No dawn - no dusk - no proper time of day.
No warmth, no cheerfulness, no healthful ease,
No comfortable feel in any member -
No shade, no shine, no butterflies, no bees,
No fruits, no flowers, no leaves, no birds! -
November! 
Indeed, Thomas Hood got it right.  But I think this November isn't interested in following the pattern of previous Novembers.  This year November 17 has given us snow!

This is what I saw when I looked out our upstairs hallway window this morning.  There are times in winter when the snow-covered roof blends into a white sky.  It's not winter yet, but that's what happened today.

I love the view from this window.  In spring I see cherry blossoms against blue sky; in summer, green leaves, blue sky, and a brick-colored roof; and in autumn, bronze leaves against a blue or grey sky.  But now... snow.  With this early snow and such cold weather I wonder what December, January, and February will be like.  I'm in for quilting!

I hope you are staying warm!

--Nancy.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my, Nancy! We have the cold and the wind but no snow yet. Keep warm and keep quilting!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading what you have to say. Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...