Here are the details about this quilt.
66 1/2" x 87 7/8" - top with borders
65 1/4" x 86" - after quilting
64 3/4" x 85 3/4" - after binding
9/10/14 - string blocks begun
10/16/14 - string blocks finished
11/1/14 - corners added to blocks
11/21/14 - blocks sewn together
7/7/15 - first border sewn
7/8/15 - second border sewn
7/11/15 - scrappy back sewn
7/13/15 - layers basted together
7/18/15 - quilting begin
11/5/15 - quilting finished
11/7/15 - binding sewn on front
11/15/15 - finished sewing binding on back
Soft 'n' Crafty 80 cotton/20 poly, 3/16" loft.
- This quilt has been particularly hard to photograph, not just for the finish photo but through all its stages to completion.
- This is probably the fastest I've ever made a quilt -- just over 14 months.
- As I hand quilted I realized that some of my stitches on the underside of the quilt barely caught a thread or two. I tried to stitch more carefully after that. (I'm still learning the art of hand quilting.)
- I really like the look of the wide border when the quilt is laying out on the floor or on a bed but I'm not so thrilled with it when it's folded across the back of the couch.
- I still like the 80/20 batting (which I've used for several other quilts).
I'm linking this post to A Lovely Year of Finishes November 2015 Finishes Party at Fiber of All Sorts and Binding Blitz at JulieKQuilts. Thank you both for hosting.
P.S. You can see other photos and posts about this quilt here, here, and here.