Saturday, October 31, 2015

Quilty Inspiration #6 - A Recent Quilt

What was your inspiration for the last quilt you made or the quilt you're working on now?

I will soon be able to put a binding on a quilt I call "Dark Strings."


My inspiration for the quilt was a basket of strings sitting by my sewing machine and the quilt "Snowball Strip" in 101 Fabulous Rotary-Cut Quilts by Judy Hopkins and Nancy J. Martin.


Since I didn't want a light quilt and since didn't have the fabric to make one exactly like this one, I chose the colors, the size of the blocks, and the corner triangles based on the the fabric I had available.

If you're feeling uninspired you might like to read Diane's post, Quilter's Blocks:  the do's and don'ts, at Butterfly Threads.  Be sure to read the comments, too.

I hope you'll share a post about the inspiration for a recent quilt.



--Nancy.
.

4 comments:

  1. I love that quilt ... I have that book, and guess what? That page is dog-eared to save for future reference. I need to pull that book back out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilt is great - it looks scrappy but not fussy or 'messy'. Thanks for sharing your inspirations, I've put the book on my Amazon wish list and enjoyed reading Diane's positive post ☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely quilt, and inspiration can be found anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've made that quilt. From that book. It's a good one (the book and the quilt), and yours looks great.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading what you have to say. Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...