I know several readers said you liked the red sashing but I finally decided that the stripes I thought I would use were just too busy. I searched for other reds but didn't find fabric I like enough to use.
I chose brown sashing with red/rust corner stones. I like it, I love it, I don't like it, I'm not sure. But then it's still a work in progress.
I've had to coddle this quilt to as I sew it. I stitched the first two rows together, then had to rip, repin, and stitch again. Even with pins the fabric shifted but I finally managed to get the seams sewn evenly. I laid the first two rows on the floor. They were wavy. I realized that hand appliqueing had caused the accurately-cut 10 1/2" blocks to shift and stretch a little. I didn't want to recut them because I assume that they will nestle back to their rightful shape with a little coaxing and pressing (coddling!). I have one more row of stars and the top row of sashing to sew and then it will be finished -- at least finished enough to claim it as a finish for my One Monthly Goal (OMG) for March.
And here is my basket of (never-ending) light scraps with a few 4 1/2" blocks on the left. I have enough of those to make 6 more blocks. I haven't spent much time on them lately. You can see the blocks these will become here.
Thanks to the ladies who host the following link-ups:
> WOW: Cherry Delight! at Esther's Blog
> Let's Bee Social #118 at Sew Fresh Quilts
> Oh Scrap! at Quilting is more fun than Housework
Happy stitching to you!