Wednesday, June 1, 2016

An Old Brown Silk Log Cabin Quilt

I saw this silk quilt at a local antique mall.  I photographed it but did not buy it.

The brown and purple are unusual colors together.  And then there are those four blocks with blue and white.

The center blocks were cut from a fabric with a woven stripe.

A close up of the blocks with blue and white.

The logs were sewn to backing fabric.

Someone who knows fabric might be able to tell the age of the quilt based on this backing fabric.

I thought it was interesting that the blocks were quilted but the quilt had neither batting nor backing.

I think it would be interesting to know the history of this quilt but as far as I could tell there was no provenance recorded.

We go to this antique mall about once ever other month and there are always new quilts and rarely do we see the same ones we saw on the previous visit.  I'm sure this one will find a good home, too.

--Nancy.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading what you have to say. Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...