Thursday, August 23, 2018

Fun Photos - Really Random Thursday

What fun bright colors on this
sweet little prop cart at the Columbus Zoo.
colorful cart at the Columbus Zoo

I appreciated the moiré effect created by the poles.
moiré effect on colorful cart at the Columbus Zoo


I love zinnias' radiant colors and
can hardly resist taking photos when I see them.
coral colored zinnia


At the farmer's market I occasionally see unusual color combinations like these shallots in aqua pint containers...
shallots in aqua pint containers

...and these brown eggs in a chartreuse carton
sitting on a turquoise bag.
brown eggs in a chartreuse carton  sitting on a turquoise bag


I didn't buy this earaser but thought it could be useful if someone says something I really didn't want to hear or I say something I wish I hadn't.  (If only it were so easy.)
an earaser
Please tell me I'm not the only one who loves the little prayer,
"Lord, please keep Your arm around my shoulder
and Your hand over my mouth."


This is my 12-year-old Airedale girl, Hannah, rescued from abuse when she was about two.  We failed as foster parents:  when she fell in love with us and we with her, she stayed.

Airedale Terrier Hannah


The graphic quality of this wheel on the zoo cart caught my eye.
wheel of cart at Columbus Zoo


I loved this beautiful plate I saw at the thrift store.
Now I wish I'd bought it.
antique China plate with roses and other flowers

Do you take photos of things that capture your eye or attention, too?

--Nancy.
.

10 comments:

  1. Lovely photos. They remind me that I need to slow down and pay attention to the little things....I am always in a rush it seems. Love your pup. All three of ours are rescues.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jennie. I usually carry my camera with me (the better one that is not my phone) and enjoy taking photos of all kinds of crazy things that capture my attention. I hadn't thought of it as slowing down and paying attention but I guess it really is. I take photos of fruit at the grocery store, or interesting fabrics on clothes at the thrift store, etc. My daughter is very patient when I go with her, thank goodness! Our little Hannah is really a sweetheart.

      Delete
  2. These truly are fun photos. I enjoyed seeing them this morning. I especially liked the color ones. I also learned a new word "moiré"! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Shasta. I'm glad you enjoyed them. It's fun to notice those moiré effects. You've probably seen them but didn't know they had a name.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful photos! I don't think I could foster a rescue and give it up either--especially Hannah! What a sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Karen. We think Hannah is sweet, too. She's a little calmer than most Airedales and definitely an introvert. Most Airedales are extroverts. We have fostered four Airedales that we let go to other homes. They can be challenging dogs because of their independent nature and strong will. Most are very ready to take charge of any- and everything. We fostered when we already had an Airedale and sometimes they just don't like each other. Two fosters were young, one foster was a male who was prone to jumping onto the kitchen table, and another was a biter. But we have fallen in love with several that we've kept through the years. Once they claim your heart it is nearly impossible to give them up.

      Delete
  4. Lovely photos! I especially like the zinnia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Brenna. I have more zinnia photos, too. Perhaps I'll post them next week.

      Delete
  5. My family thinks I take way too many photos, but I can see you really have an eye to capture more than just people (and quilts). :)
    I grow lots of zinnias in a riot of colors. They make me happy. That is a really lovely color combo in the one you shared. I enjoyed seeing what catches your eye.
    Hannah looks very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Janet. It's strange that I have so few photos of family, compared to photos of other things, at least. When I'm with people I visit and forget to pull out my camera. We part and then I think, Oh, I should have taken photos!

      I usually claim honeysuckle, lavender, lilac, and lily of the valley as my favorite flowers, but it's mostly for the fragrance. If I had to claim a favorite flower based on appearance I think it would be either a zinnia or a fuchsia. Zinnias' colors are just so striking and cheerful. Lucky you to have them growing around your house.

      Our Hannah is a very sweet girl. She doesn't exhibit most of the difficult traits and high spirits characteristic of Airedales, probably because of her early abuse. Airedales are generally extroverts but Hannah is an introvert through and through, happiest with me, but is okay with my husband's and daughters' attention. When visitors come other than family, she watches from a distance and may eventually come to say hello.

      Delete

I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading what you have to say. Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...