That morning, my first thought was that the arcs were too close together and there were too many of them. My next thought was that the fans turning every which way would look awful. I tried to go back to sleep but ended up mulling over what to do.
Later in the morning I pulled out the quilt and looked at the quilting again. Maybe the arcs in those first two blocks were a little close together, but they didn't all have to be that way. I decided to continue quilting the fans, just to see.
And this is what I see now. It's a poor photo but you can clearly see the quilting lines.
The fans are not of equal distance from each other, which doesn't bother me at all because the arcs are smooth curves, which pleases me a lot and was my goal in the first place. And I found that some curves can meet at the edges of blocks and continue the smooth curve into the adjacent block. Who knows but what I might not be thrilled by the time the quilt is finished, but for now I'm happily satisfied that the quilting reminds me of wind swirling the leaves into the air.
As of today I have quilted 14 of 80 blocks, about a sixth of the quilt. My One Monthly Goal for January is to quilt another 15 blocks for a total of 29 quilted.
I'm linking this post to One Monthly Goal January Link-up at Elm Street Quilts. Thanks for hosting, Patty.