Thursday, December 31, 2020

Happy New Year to You!

Good riddance to 2020 and welcome 2021.


I know I should not be too excited about 2021 but I sincerely hope it's a better year than 2020 has been.  Gosh, we've had ups and downs--plenty of downs--since March.  As if Covid-19 wasn't bad enough by itself, the year was rife with discord and unpleasantness across society.

I know January 1 is just another day, the next day after December 31, but couldn't we all use a fresh start?  I'm not as full of enthusiasm and expectation as the little one in the postcard above but I can't help but hope!

Happy New Year to you and yours.  I wish you blessings galore.

--Nancy.

8 comments:

  1. Here's to hoping right along with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think there are lots of us hoping, Janet!

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year to you too, and fingers crossed for 2021.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy,in Ireland it's midnight and I cannot believe the amount of STUFF I've accumulated since I started teaching myself to quilt. For the past week I've been trying to sort out the stash. There are times I regret starting this quilt making. I don't know anyone who quilts. I'm not in a financial position to ship fabrics to a charity. I've looked at tutorials of people using every scrap to make bags and cushion covers but whenever I try it-it looks plain ugly. (lol).I happened upon your blog by sheer chance when looking for ideas for scrap usage. When I saw your planning on getting rid of items I felt we are all in the same boat. All the best for 2021 and lets shop from our stash. I bet Bonnie Hunter would love your shirts. Goodnight. Ciar.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess we are in a similar situation, Ciar, with plenty of resources at hand. When I think about it, it's surprising that we need so much with two generations ago, women used paper or cardboard patterns, a pencil, scissors, and needle and thread to make quilts. I try to use the fabric I have but sometimes I need a different color or more of a color and end up buy fabric. It accumulates quickly. I hope you can figure out some good patterns for scrap quilts that you'll love! Do you have a blog? If so and you post photos of what you're working on, I would love to see it.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading what you have to say. Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...