Sunday, December 5, 2021

Using a Little Hoop for Slow Sunday Stitching

If I can I'll add stitches to Dear Prudence today.  I'm using a little 10" hoop. 

I chose olive green thread and am quilting simple outline stitches.  Since the batting is a piece of flannel and because it won't be heavily used, I don't think it needs a lot of quilting.  After I layered it and searched for a needle I began to think that the flannel was going to be too hard to quilt.  I kept trying out different needles and realized that the right needle makes all the difference!

I hope you have a good Sabbath, whatever you're doing.

--Nancy.

6 comments:

  1. It is amazing how the right needles makes all the difference. Your Dear Prudence quilt is lovely; such pretty fabrics. I like the idea of simple quilting and in the olive green thread, it is looking fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your kind and encouraging words, Kim.

      Delete
  2. Your picture makes me want to sit down and do some stitching right now. There is nothing quite like sitting down to a little quilt and just becoming one - ha! Glad you got the blogger thing under control.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, for sure, Robin!  ;-)I'm glad blogger got itself back to normal.  (I think it was blogger's problem, not mine, after reading a few other posts).

      Delete
  3. So sweet! No sewing for me last few daaays, To Do List is long, too bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lizzy.  So sorry your to do list is long.  It must have non-quilting activities on it?

      Delete

I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading what you have to say. Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...