Wednesday, August 31, 2022

An Almost Finished Quiltlet

Making this little quilt was an impromptu, last-minute decision so I haven't quite finished quilting it.  I'm just sharing its in-progress photo this month.

This was made from strips left over from another quilt.  The logs finish at 1/2", the blocks at 3", and the whole quilt will finish at 12" x 15" or thereabouts. 
I'm quilting the center of the logs, but not all logs.  On half the blocks I'm quilting the outer round of logs and the 3 in the center.  On alternating blocks I'm quilting the second from the outer round of logs.  I may go back and quilt the outer round on all of them.

Wendy of The Constant Quilter invites quilters to post a miniature quilt at the end of the month.  Click the link to see a list and links to others who often participate.  It's such fun to see so many tiny quilts.  Enjoy!

I'm also linking this post to Oh Scrap! at Quilting is more fun than Housework.  Click on the link to see other scrappy creations.  Thanks for hosting, Cynthia.

--Nancy.

16 comments:

  1. The pink and gray in this setting is just lovely--what a nice piece of work--hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julierose. I have no idea what to do with this little quiltlet but I like the colors together, too.

      Delete
  2. I didn't realize it was so tiny. Just so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It is pretty small, Robin. (But not as tiny as some of Janet's blocks!). And I have no idea what I'll do with it.

      Delete
  3. So very tiny and adorable! Not sure my fingers could handle pieces that tiny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Pat. Those two 1" blocks in the center were a bit of a challenge and I suspect they're not exactly square, either. This size is my absolute limit for a block.

      Delete
  4. Oh, I love this little creation, Nancy! The various shades of pink just glow against the grey rows. And your hand quilting will make this an extra special little quilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Janet. I like how the corals (or pinks as most people call them) are highlighted by the grey. I don't love the setting I chose but I thought it was better than any of the others since there were only 20 blocks. I find hand quilting these small quilts harder than quilting the bigger ones so my stitches are pretty irregular. They seem to disappear, though, so that's good.

      Delete
  5. Those logs are tiny! And your little quilt is adorable. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cynthia. Tiny is not my favorite kind of quilt to make but those leftovers were just so small!

      Delete
  6. Small and perfect... love this little gem!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely combination of Pink and grey, It's really pretty with Pink!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Eileen. The pinks look more coral in person and are one of my favorite colors, though I don't sew with them often.

      Delete

I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading what you have to say. Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...