Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Two Blocks This Month

My One Monthly Goal for February was to stitch the applique pieces on one little plaid basket block.  I'm happy to report that I was able to finish two blocks.  I'm pleased to be on the way with these baskets.  It took a few years to decide what they wanted to hold, if anything.
I chose baskets with similar colors for these first two so I could take fewer threads when I went to Florida.   Not all baskets and flowers are so similar. 
Looking at these photos I'm now wondering if some of the zinnia stems need another leaf or two.  Hmmmm.

I have a few more baskets ready to stitch but I really need to lay out all the baskets and add flowers so I can be sure I've made enough and that the flowers and baskets look comfortable together.
Most of the flowers in this box are light colors but I have other brighter ones that are still waiting their centers and embroidery floss.

I wonder what this quilt will look like when it's finished!  At the very least, I think it will be cheerful.

I'm linking this post to February One Monthly Goal Finish at Elm Street Quilts.  Thanks for hosting, Patty.

--Nancy.

12 comments:

  1. I am loving the zinnias in your little baskets--so cheering!
    We are both still recovering from Covid--it's been almost 3 weeks now and still feeling sickly!! Be sure to stay safe--you do not want to get this one!! Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words about the basket blocks.
      I'm so sorry Covid is still pestering you. I had it last January (in 2022) and it was miserable. Even after it was gone it took a while to recover, especially to regain energy. I hope you and your husband get over this soon!

      Delete
  2. What a totally charming project and your flowers look so cute and cheerful, contrasted with the plaid baskets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Anonymous. What a sweet comment. (I wish I knew who you are but I know blogger is making it hard to leave comments, and I'm sorry about that. But I appreciate your taking the time to leave a comment!)

      Delete
  3. These little baskets of blooms are as sweet as they can be! I'm looking forward to seeing this top come together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Pat.  It will be a while before these baskets become a top, with all the applique, and then the decision how to lay them out....  Fun as I go along.

      Delete
  4. My comment just disappeared--I'll try again. Your blocks are delightful! I love them just as they are, but if more leaves would make you happy, go for it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Janet. I think I'll wait and see about adding more leaves. Sometimes more is better, sometimes it's just more.

      I'm so sorry about Blogger losing your comment. It seems to happen more frequently these days, plus not letting me/others sign in to leave a comment, or posting a message about third party cookies.... Thanks so much for trying and again. I appreciate it.

      Delete
  5. I love the shape of that basket - it's perfectly what I want. I think you have plenty of leaves, but I do look forward to seeing more baskets together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Susan. I love the basket shape, too, though when I cut out the first one my daughter asked if it was going to be a bib. Hahaha. I'm going to hold off on adding more leaves till I see more baskets with flowers together.

      Delete

I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading what you have to say. Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...