Wednesday, March 1, 2023

Links to Enjoy #6

I'm sorry these link posts are so light on photos.  That's because I don't want to steal photos and violate copyright.   To make up for the absence of photos here, when you click through to most of the links, you'll be treated to bright beauty and delightful images. Enjoy!

These painted floors could almost be patterns for quilts.

I love the tones and tints and the arrangement of colors in these paintings.  They push me to consider other color combinations. 

Try the Chronophoto Photographic History Game:  guess the year the photo was taken.  Or just enjoy the old photos, taken between 1900 and 2020.  There seem to be more photos from recent decades than from the earlier decades of the 20th century.  You can enlarge the photos to see details. 

It's hard to believe these flowers and leaves were cut from paper in the late 1700s.  They look like modern prints to me.

I think Isobelle Ouzmann's altered blank books are amazing!

The Slant Book, published in 1910, shows the downhill ride of baby in a runaway "go-cart."  Curiously, the author and illustrator, Peter Newell, chose a rhomboid shape for that book to echo the slant of a hill.  But I think The Hole Book, by the same author, is funnier.  See all the pages of both books at the links.

I hope you find a link or two that you enjoy or that surprises or delights you.

--Nancy.

6 comments:

  1. I always find something interesting, amusing, or different in these link posts. I especially enjoyed the 18th century art work, having read the biography of a similar artist from slightly later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you find these links interesting, Susan. Which artist and biography did you read? Weren't those flowers cut from paper amazing?!!!

      Delete
  2. I always enjoy these posts so much. I will return to explore more. So far I played the photo challenge game--not even right century. Clothes are surprisingly indefinite, who knew.

    I also enjoy your book posts. I found a book you'd mentioned awhile ago, on one of my used book forays last week. Fifty Things to Look Forward To. Was so hoping for an inspiring read for my morning tea beak while Mo is out w the doggy walker. [tho lately she comes lunchtime or later, punctuality is a dying art?]. Anyway this is a fun book, very peaceful and sweet. Too many are just NO, lol. I think you were ambivalent too.

    love

    lizzy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoy the links, Lizzy. I think some decades are easier to tell than others. For me the hardest are beginning in the 1970s to the present. Not so hard are from the early 1900s compared to later in the century and into the 21st century.
      So sorry you didn't enjoy Fifty Things to Look Forward To. I loved it but many of the things she looked forward to were not things I look forward to.

      Delete
  3. Thank you for sharing these fun links. Love those painted floors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Cynthia. I thought the floors were amazing! What a lot of time and care to create them.

      Delete

I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading what you have to say. Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...