Tuesday, March 7, 2023

Counting Zinnias - One Monthly Goal for March

My original idea for these baskets was to have them along the sides and the bottom of the quilt, surrounding center blocks, so they would be upright when on a bed. But after seeing them all together like this I'm reconsidering that layout.  It will be a while before these blocks become a top but every stitch is a little progress.  Two blocks are already stitched (but not shown in the photo below).
Because I still have two stacks of fabric sitting out as possible flower fabrics (and I need to put them away) my goal for March is to count the number of baskets, the number of zinnias, leaves, and stems I would need if each basket were to have three flowers, then count the number of zinnias, leaves, and stems I already have prepared or are in progress.  that will give me an idea how many more of each I need to make for the current number of baskets.  And then I can put those stacks of fabric away.  Finally.  Unless I need to make more baskets....

The blocks will finish at 10" x 12".  This is not my goal for March:  I need to decide on a layout and size for the quilt so I'll know how many more baskets to make and whether I'll need to make alternate blocks, sashing, borders, etc.  I think the baskets could use a little more space between them.

I'm linking this post to March One Monthly Goal at Elm Street Quilts.  Thanks for hosting, Patty.

On Another Topic
Does anyone understand what Blogger's been doing by making us click to allow third party cookies on some blogs (my own included!)?  Why do some blocks ask this question and some blogs don't?  I haven't been clicking "allow" so my comments are Anonymous and I usually forget to add my name and email/blog url.  There are plenty of things I can do well but tech stuff is not one of them. 

I hope all is well with you!

--Nancy.

15 comments:

  1. That is an interesting question about blogger. I haven't seen anything like that before and will be interested to find out what it's about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't understand it, Pat, or what it means. And I'm surprised to learn that others aren't seeing it. Is it me and what am I doing that others aren't, I wonder. I hope I can figure it out....

      Delete
  2. I will be interested to see what you ultimately decide to do with your basket blocks.
    I haven't run into that question on any blogs, though I have encountered it on other websites a lot lately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, Janet! What kind of a quilt will these blocks become?!!
      Several others commented that they hadn't seen the question about cookies, either. It makes me wonder if it's just me and my computer. I hope I can figure it out.

      Delete
  3. I haven't run into that on any blogs, but some won't let me comment at all....*sigh*.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, the no comment situation is a real problem, isn't it Michelle, especially when an important aspect of blogging is interaction with writer and readers!  

      Delete
  4. This is the most adorable darling project. Whimsical and celebrating [our] love of summer's little cuties--zinnias!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lizzy. I hope the finished quilt is as good or better than the individual blocks!

      Delete
  5. PS I just emailed you some pics via my phone, re: previous post multisquare block settings. Look in your email spam since they were from my phone. You can delete this...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am loving this quilt! By the end of March, you'll know a lot more about this quilt top.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Susan. Yes, March should result in good progress on this quilt, at least in terms of how many more pieces I need to fill which baskets.

      Delete
  7. Oh my goodness the screenshot you show, is my blog. I had no idea that was happening. I haven't changed any settings or anything like that. Errgh. Blogger. On a happier note, your baskets continue to look so sweet! It will be fun to see what you ultimately decide about layout.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, it IS your blog, Cynthia, and I hope you don't mind that I used it!  There are several other blogs where they ask me about third party cookies....  I have no idea why or how this happens, even on my own blog, and searching online doesn't give me specific answers.  Blogger's become a little more difficult than when I first started blogging many years ago.
      Thanks for your comment about the baskets.  I'll just keep stitching flowers for now....

      Delete
  8. Truly love these basket blocks, Nancy. Great sewing project. I'm always finding little hitches with blogger but I always think it is me or my old lap top.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jocelyn.  The baskets and flowers have been fun to sew.
      I used to think the problems were because of changes with blogger, and they often were, but in this case I'm wondering if I'm the problem and my lack of tech skills.  I need to do more research to figure this out.

      Delete

I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading what you have to say. Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...