Tuesday, May 30, 2023

May One Monthly Goal Finish and June's Goal

Stocks block in Linda Brannock's Flowers quilt My One Monthly Goal for May was to finish hand quilting the Stocks block on my version of Linda Brannock's Flowers quilt.  I'm happy to say I completed the goal one day last week.  Then I just kept quilting.

My June goal is to finish that delightfully quirky Cacti block on the lower left and the border surrounding it.
Cactus block in Linda Brannock's Flowers quilt When that's done, I'll have only the Marigolds and Blueberries block on the lower right (plus the borders) to hand quilt.  But that's for another month.  I'm looking forward to finishing this quilt. Lower part of Linda Brannock's Flowers quilt I'm linking this post to May One Monthly Goal Finish Link-up at Elm Street Quilts. Thank you for hosting, Patty and Anne-Marie. I find publishing my goal every month so helpful in accomplishing it. There's something about accountability in publicly stating a goal, I guess.

--Nancy.

11 comments:

  1. I love how you move all your projects along, Nancy. This one is so pretty. It too use masking tape sometimes for the lines.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jocelyn. I don't know what I would do without masking tape! Thank goodness I've not had a problem with adhesive residue. Have you?

      Delete
  2. Nice work! I'm glad you find OMG helpful. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anne-Marie. I think One Monthly Goal is the only link-up I consistently write posts for! Love it! Thank you for keeping it going.

      Delete
    2. I need the accountability and focus and I was hoping others did too. :)

      Delete
  3. Your are coming right along. You get a lot done with all the different projects you are working on. I'm still hand quilting my "Love Letters" quilt and I'm on bock 8 of 9. I think it will be July before I finish it up. I sure don't want to start another big quilting project right a way. But, the quilt tops are relentless and are not waiting their turn very patiently.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hand quilting sure takes time, doesn't it, Robin.  So worth it, of course.  I think it helps to alternate working on quilts that take many, many months and quilts that can be finished more quickly.  We need those finishes to feel a sense of accomplishment--at least I do!  I know about quilts not being patient.  It's funny how they can nag at our thoughts until we get to them.

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on getting your quilting goals and more, finished. It's fun to see these folky quirky blocks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cynthia.  Some of them are definitely quirky, aren't they?  Some blocks I like less but I'm pleased with the overall quilt.

      Delete
  5. Great progress! I think taking it in sections is the best way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Susan. It's hard to quilt just one block when I'm quilting diagonal lines across the whole quilt so this was the only way I could figure how to divide the quilting for a monthly goal. I guess I'm still claiming a goal by blocks but I'm not exactly quilting that way. (I'm sure that doesn't make any sense....)

      Delete

I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading what you have to say. Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...