Thursday, May 4, 2023

One Monthly Goal: Short Post, Hefty Goal

This is a short post to declare my One Monthly Goal for May. 
My goal is this:  to finish quilting the tall, thin, stocks block.  That in itself wouldn't take much time but since I'm quilting straight lines from the morning glories to the edge of the quilt at the bottom, I know it will take some dedicated time and effort.  By quilting that way, it also means I'll quilt most, if not all, of the three little baskets and at least part of the cactus block to the left of the stocks.

There is something amazing and wonderful when stitches transform two layers of fabric and a layer of batting into one, delicious, inviting quilt.  (And I'm so sorry you regular readers have to keep seeing this quilt pop up every month, and sometimes twice a month.  One of these months it will be finished.)

I'm linking this post to May One Monthly Goal at Elm Street Quilts.  Thanks for hosting, Patty and Anne-Marie.

--Nancy.

10 comments:

  1. I always am amazed and excited to see how completely transformed a textile is when quilted. Even machine quilting has this effect but when a top is hand quilted like you re doing here, the effect is truly magical.

    I love seeing your projects each month as often as you wish to share.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Magical is a good word for that transformation, Lizzy. Thanks for your generosity in not getting tired of my quilts-in-progress!

      Delete
  2. You are making great progress on this quilt and like Lizzy said, I don't mind seeing your quilt often. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Robin. It's felt like slow progress so far, but when I'm diligent and consistent I do make good progress. I just have to stick with it! So far this month it's been good.

      Delete
  3. I'm thrilled to see it a couple of times a month! Or even week. I love this quilt, and it's a thrill to see it come to a finish as you make it your monthly goal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Susan.  I'm making good progress this month but I'll still have a quarter of the quilt to finish even with my goal for May.

      Delete
  4. What a good good goal and I agree, quilting is just wonderful the way it finishes and transforms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cynthia. It's so easy to cut and sew tops instead of hand quilting, instead of the other way around. I think I'm making good progress this month.

      Delete
  5. It's always nice to see your progress, no matter how often you decide to post about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anne-Marie. You're very generous.

      Delete

I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading what you have to say. Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...