Friday, October 6, 2023

A Row of Fans: One Monthly Goal

Everyday Patchwork
I think I've been quilting Everyday Patchwork since the middle of August and have made only a little progress--just two rows of fans across the bottom.  If I continue at the rate I've been going the quilt won't be finished until next year around this time.  If it had dense quilting I would be satisfied, but I'm quilting Baptist Fans at 1¼" apart!  Definitely not dense quilting.

When I was quilting the border, it was easy going, though I needed more and better light than usual.  Now that I'm quilting the blocks, the seams make it a little challenging. 

I admire all the finished quilts others post on their blogs and decided that if I want to get this quilt finished, I need to dedicate more time to quilting it.  Finishing one row of Fans will be my One Monthly Goal for October.

I'm linking this post to October One Monthly Goal at Stories from the Sewing Room.  Thanks for hosting, Anne-Marie.

--Nancy.

3 comments:

  1. I love how this is looking with the hand quilting on it. I have to work at not getting too discouraged when it takes so long and figure out a way to enjoy the journey. (Easier said than done - ha!) The little quilt I'm working on right now is causing pain in my right wrist. It seems funny to me that sewing with a small needle and quilting thread bothers me when sewing with a large needle and the thicker thread causes no pain at all. I look forward to your progress on this sweet quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks really good. Do you use any special quilting tools besides just a hoop and a needle?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best of luck! I know you will work hard to reach this goal.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading what you have to say. Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...