Wednesday, October 4, 2023

Links to Enjoy #14

Here are a few links I've caught over the past weeks that I thought were interesting, inventive, beautiful, or amazing.  Perhaps you will enjoy one or two of them.  My two favorites are the autumn leaves and Theo Jansen's sculptures.

This building, the Southwestern Bell Telephone Building, built around 1930, is amazing.  I try to imagine working inside, finding my way to my office, getting around from floor to floor and tower to tower, and I can't.  See the full size photo here, where you can see windows open for ventilation (because there was no central air in 1930).

See autumn leaves raked into more beauty here.  The artist must begin with a plan....

For anyone who wants to make their own crow patterns for a primitive quilt, there are several illustrations here.

I thought this was a fascinating video explaining how London's Big Ben works.  (My fascination may have been prompted by the fact that my father, among other employment, repaired watches and clocks.)

Adeline Harris's Autograph Quilt has 360 signatures which she began collecting in 1856 when she was 17. 


I find these wind-powered, walking sculptures, called strandbeese, by Theo Jansen fascinating.  (See a video of his newest beest here.


And for your health, request four free Covid tests here.  (Aren't we all sick of Covid by now?)

I hope you found something to enjoy.
--Nancy.

1 comment:

I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading what you have to say. Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...