Saturday, December 30, 2023

2023 in Review

I wasn't going to write a 2023 review post but realized that I needed to remind myself that I actually did accomplish some things of the quilty kind in 2023.  This post has photos only, without measurements and without links.

These first three photos are quilt tops.  The center one is still with me, awaiting layering and quilting.
I made a pattern for a bibbie and and then made one for my granddaughter.
I finished the quilt with red circles on green.  It's awaiting the next steps to becoming a quilt.
I finished quilting Flowers and added a binding, the first complete finish of 2023!
I layered, basted, and began quilting Everyday Patchwork.
I made 20 Scrappy Stars (18 shown) with a stitch-along. 
I made Parsonfields as a sew-along.  It's a top, not yet quilted.
I began Bramble Blooms, another quilt-along.
I appliqued zinnias to six little plaid baskets.
And we adopted an Airedale who we call Nona,
and found a kitten in the back yard who is still with us and sometimes with our daughter.
It wasn't the most productive year but I just needed some confirmation that I didn't fritter away most of my time or completely lose focus in 2023.   It was a year and I'm glad it's over!  I hope I will be more productive in 2024.

--Nancy.

(Post dated December 30, 2023, but written and published on January 7, 2024.)

6 comments:

  1. You certainly made progress on a lot of projects and accomplished way more than I did last year! You had a lot of practice for Bramble Blooms when you made your Flowers quilt, which I love. Sweet kitten, aren't they funny the way they always want to curl up in the tiniest box or basket they can find.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe it looks like I accomplished a lot but I think most people also accomplished other things along with making quilts.  Not so much the case for me last year, Pat. 
      Kittens are so funny.  The basket she's in is about 8" wide at the back and curves around to about 6 1/2" at the front.  She went through a biting phase which did not make her a sweet kitten, but we got past that and now she really is sweet.  The only time she's not willing to be held is when she's playing.

      Delete
  2. You've had a great year and Nona makes all the difference.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Robin. Yes, you're right, Nona makes all the difference. Training is going so slowly. She doesn't seem to have an ear for human language, at least not yet, which means she's slow at learning some things. I don't know if that's because of her earlier life or maybe she never will catch on to the meanings of human words. But she's a sweet, loving dog.

      Delete
  3. Oh, Nancy, I wish I had as much to show for last year as you do! Hopefully I will get more accomplished this year.
    I love your projects. They really speak to me.
    And those new furry friends have been speaking to you, I'll bet. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even though you may not have quilts to show for the year, I think you were really busy with lots of other activities--your family living there, your husband's retirement, travel, etc.  There's not much to "show" for those things and yet they're so very important and take lots of time that you couldn't devote to making quilts.  (I, on the other hand, wasn't involved in many other activities during the year.)
      Thank you for your sweet comments about my quilts.
      Yes, the girls (Nona and Bitsy, as my daughter calls her) have been speaking lots and lots--if not auditory sounds, at least with their activities.

      Delete

I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading what you have to say. Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...