Saturday, December 30, 2023

Most-Viewed Posts of 2023

End of the year link parties usually challenge me because I often don't finish a lot of quilts (large or small) in any given year.  But for Cheryl's party, at Meadow Mist Designs, one of her suggestions for "best" was posts with the most views.  I'm going with that this year. 

I know from experience how satisfying finishes can be but I also remind myself that the creative process itself can be  satisfying.  What we put in and what we take away from creating are also important.  (Maybe I'm telling myself that now because I have so few finishes this year.  Ha!) 

These six posts had the most views in 2023 (as of December 26).
  
A Rose-Print Fabric Quilt Challenge for Me

That Basket of Scraps

Four Little Plaid Baskets

Coral and Plaid 24-Patch Quilt Top
coral and black plaid 25-patch quilt

It's Mostly (But Not All) about Bramble Blooms
Bramble Blooms Quilt-along, auditioning center block

Bramble Blooms and Being Out of My Comfort Zone
Bramble Blooms quilt-along possible flowers

I'm sure you can guess that none of these has become a finished quilt this year.  All are still in progress, some with less progress than others.  But there's always 2024, right?!

I'm linking this post to Best of 2023 of Linky Party at Meadow Mist Designs.  Thanks so much for initiating this party and inviting us to participate, Cheryl.  Click through and you'll see links to lots of other quilters who have actually finished many quilts this year!

--Nancy.

8 comments:

  1. Oh my favorite is the four little baskets posting...I still have those in mind
    ...hugs, and Happy New Year to you and those you hold dear...
    Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julierose. I need to get back to stitching those baskets. It seems I've been doing most of the driving lately....
      I hope you've had a great New Year!

      Delete
  2. I especially love your rose fabrics and that future quilt!!! Happy new year!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nancy. I love those fabrics too and I really need to get going on that quilt. Ideas have been simmering for at least a few months.....

      Delete
  3. I haven't accomplished as much or as many finishes this year as I usually do. But, I think it's okay because I have accomplished other things outside of quilting. I love to quilt and I loved being able to quilt all day long every day during the Covid quarantine but I'm okay without the pressure of deadlines, self imposed deadlines. I love seeing what you make and reading your thought processes as you create. You have enriched my life this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Robin.  Sometimes other things have a higher priority than quilting and it's good to be flexible so we can give the time where it's most important.  Gosh, the Covid quarantine was a different experience, wasn't it? 
      Thank you for your sweet comment about my posts.  You are so very kind.  You've enriched my life this year, too.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful quilts! Thanks for linking up with the Best of 2023.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Cheryl, for both your comment and for hosting the link-up.

      Delete

I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading what you have to say. Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...