Monday, January 29, 2024

One Monthly Goal Finish for January

My monthly goal for January was to finish hand quilting one more row of fan on Everyday Patchwork. 
This is the end of that row.  (I quilt fans from right to left.)  I think I calculated/estimated how many more rows I have to quilt but I can't remember.  I just know I need to pick up the speed or the amount of time quilting so I can finish this quilt sooner than later!

I'm linking this post to January One Monthly Goal Finish at Stories from the Sewing Room.

Thanks for hosting, Anne-Marie.

--Nancy.

6 comments:

  1. Your quilting is always so lovely. This will be a nice soft finish for maybe next year? Just curious, do you wash your quits as soon as they are finished to plump up the batting, etc?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lizzy. I think the camera makes my quilting look better than it is.
      After I bind a quilt I always toss it in the washer and then dry it. I love the effects of the shrinkage that happens. I think it makes a quilt softer and more cuddly. For the first time ever I used Hobbs Heirloom cotton/poly for this quilt and I'm not yet sold on it. It seems thin, which makes for easy quilting, but I'll wait till it comes out of the dryer to see what I really think of the batting. Do you wash your quilts when you finish them?

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. LOL. Yes! Even a little stitching on this quilt feels like good progress, Anne-Marie. I have no idea why I'm not rushing to quilt it every day.

      Delete
  3. Lovely progress. This is going to look so great when you're done. It has a lot of personality.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Robin. I think Cheri Payne patterns always have lots of personality, don't you? This was a fun one to make. I just need to dig in and get it quilted asap so I can move on to another quilt. Finishing two quilts in a year would be amazing for me!

      Delete

I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading what you have to say. Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...