Saturday, August 3, 2024

Links to Enjoy #27

I found these links pre-surgery and realized I should probably post them so others can enjoy them (if you're interested). 

I enjoyed Anca Duse's photographs of tiny people with large flowers (or maybe they're regular-sized people with giant flowers).  Some excellent photographic editing, I think.
[Updated links:]  Read more about Anca here and about her creative process here.


I can't manage a mouse well enough to actually create a drawing with a painting program, but if you can and you're feeling nostalgic about MS Paint, you can use this older version that works in your browser.


It was news to me that elephants have names for each other.


I was pleased to find Merlin, a free app to help identify birds by sound and image.  In early mornings I hear lots of birds outside but know only a few by their songs.  This app has been helpful.  It seems that we have lots of cardinals and American robins where we live.  If you're interested, you can go to the link or watch this video.




Enjoy!
--Nancy.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the sites to see, and for the Merlin app. I use the PictureThis app for flower i.d.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome for the links, Nann. Thanks for the suggestion to use Picture This. I'll have to check it out. Considering there are plenty of flowers I don't know, I think it could be really helpful.

      Delete
  2. I really like the images of the people with gigantic flowers. Unfortunately, neither of the links for that one worked for me.
    We have a different bird identifier app, but works on the same principle, I believe. We really enjoy it when we sit on the deck in the evening and hear the birdsongs. Haven't done much of that lately, due to smoky air and crazy summer schedule.
    I have been missing from blogland for many weeks. Do you minbd my asking what surgery you had?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry about the links not working, Janet, and thanks for letting me know they didn't work.  Crazy, because I just found them a few weeks ago.  Anyway, if you're interested, you can read more about Anca Duse at https://www.fairepress.com/journal/anca-duse and about her creative process at https://subsign.co/stories/subsign-spotlight-104/.  These are new links (since the original ones I posted didn't work for me, either).
      The odd thing about our bird songs app is that as soon as we get the app out to listen, the birds quit singing.  I guess we need to become stealthy about pulling out our phones.
      I had a knee replacement near the end of June.  Hardest surgery I've ever had--not the surgery itself but the results of the surgery.  Fairly intense and painful physical therapy starts the next day and continues for about two months. 
      I haven't commented on your most recent post but it looks like you had lots of fun on your trip.  I loved all the selfies.

      Delete

I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading what you have to say. Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...