Sunday, June 5, 2016

Traveling Fast, Stitching Slowly

We drove three hours to Kentucky and back today to celebrate the naming and blessing of our little grandson.  In truth, my husband drove and I rode so I had some time to stitch.   A basket, some stems....


When my eyes weren't focused on the needle and fabric, I noticed the beautiful countryside in Kentucky -- luscious greens, black barns with quilt blocks painted on the sides, and horses with colts and foals.  Gorgeous!

And here's that adorable little grandboy of mine.  He's as round as anything you can imagine with blue eyes that melt your heart and a sweet, easy-going disposition.  At five months he's ready to move but hasn't quite managed the coordination to move far on his own -- yet.

I'm linking this post to Slow Sunday Stitching at Kathy's Quilts.  Click over to see others' hand stitching projects.  Thanks for hosting, Kathy.

--Nancy.
.

14 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, mlb. Those who love him agree!

      Delete
  2. What a gorgeous boy. So glad you're close enough to visit him often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Gypsy Quilter. We try to visit him and his siblings every month but sometimes it stretches to 5 weeks. Still, I know it's more often than some grandparents see their grandchildren.

      Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment.

      Delete
  3. Baby Blessings are the BEST!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are wonderful, Gayle, and most especially when the babies are our own or our grandchildren!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Well, I know I'm partial, Kathy, but I think so too.

      Delete
  5. I just read through all your posts and followed your Gwennie inspired medallion block, Nancy. I think it's great you've decided to join in and I really like your block. The idea of drawing your own design is an awesome one. All your quilting is beautiful so I'm sure your finished piece will be too.
    Little grandson is sweet and I know so cherished.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for all your encouragement, Jocelyn. Sometimes when I decide to go my own way (as in drawing my own designs) I get into trouble and then have to work hard to get myself back on track to succeed. I hope the finished piece looks good.

      Yes, you're right about my grandson. We love him to bits!

      Delete
  6. It's so nice to have a portable stitching project to take along on road trips and this sounds like an especially wonderful trip! What a precious little boy - honestly, he's just beautiful. I know you both treasure every moment with him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great trip, Karin. We left a little on the early side, at 5:30 in the morning. I was grateful it was grey and rainy the night before: I went to bed at 9:30 and it felt like my usual early morning bedtime. Still, I was amazed that I didn't sleep the whole three hours there.

      He is a precious baby - just round and cuddly and mostly agreeable and pleasant. We treasure every moment with him and his brother and sister.

      And I do loving having some handwork to do while riding.

      I hope you have a great weekend, Karin. Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment.

      Delete

I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading what you have to say. Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...