Tuesday, August 2, 2022

Posts to Enjoy #1


I often come across posts that I think are interesting, informative, creative, beautiful, fun, or that I just really like for one reason or another.  Sometimes I want to return and look at them but so often the links get lost in the shuffle.  I've decided to record them in blog posts and share them here in the off chance you might be interested.  These link posts may become an irregular feature.

Who knew UFOs are not new?!  Pam Buda shares one from 170 years ago here on her blog, pins and all.

The detail of these embroideries is amazing to me.  See how they brighten spaces in nature.

I loved Becky Goldsmith's gorgeous photos of New York City.  Maybe you will, too.

Aurifil/Moda's "Stitching Kindness" sew-along is over but the patterns are still available.  It's a great one for embroiderers who quilt--and quilters who embroider.  Theirs is red and white but other colors would be great, too. 

War and Pieced, at the Folk Art Museum, was an exhibit of amazing quilts made by men from British military and dress uniforms.  See a few (better) photos and info about the exhibit here.

When bees get involved with embroidery it can be beautiful.  It's not something I would have thought to do!

Enjoy!
--Nancy.

4 comments:

  1. I just clicked through a lot of these - fun! - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. I thought the links would be more appealing with photos but wasn't sure about copyright. So glad you clicked through to some, Cynthia.

      Delete
  2. The beading and honeycomb is fascinating. People come up with the most amazing ideas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I thought that was amazing, too, Robin. I wonder how she ever came up with the idea and I wonder what it took to get the bees to use the space!

      Delete

I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading what you have to say. Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...