Sunday, May 29, 2022

A Little Plaid Basket for Slow Sunday Stitching

I started these baskets in mid-2016.  After I'd stitched a few of the baskets to the backgrounds, I realized that the size of the backgrounds (10" x 11", I think) wouldn't work with any other blocks.  You know--2, 4, 6, 10, etc., or 3, 6, 9, 12, etc.?  I guess I wasn't paying attention.  I'd only stitched about four or five, so I unstitched them and eventually appliqued them onto a background cut to a size that was more adaptable: 10½ x 12½, both divisible by 2.  The baskets aren't really little, unless you compare them to the larger plaid basket that I appliqued onto a 21" x 24" background.

This is the 17th of 18 baskets.  I have a nebulous plan that will probably involve flowers and leaves.  But I don't anticipate a speedy finish...  We'll see.

If you're stitching today, I hope it's relaxing and gives you time to think, ponder, and pray (if that's part of your life).

I'm linking this post toe Slow Sunday Stitching at Kathy's Quilts.  Visit her blog to see what other slow stitchers are making.  Thanks for hosting, Kathy.

--Nancy.

12 comments:

  1. What a lovely plaid basket--Can't wait to see what you put in it;00
    A nice, quiet calm day here; good for some stitching and praying for the state of our Country ...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julierose. I think I have it all figured out about what will go in the baskets and then I have second thoughts.

      Delete
  2. Oh, I love the plan of filling your sweet baskets with flowers and leaves. What a pretty quilt this will be. Prayer is definitely part of my life. These days there is much prayer needed, isn't there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kim. I hope the quilt turns out great--beautiful--but it will not happen for a while. I applique while in the car or watching TV if I don't have hand quilting to do.

      Gosh, you're right that we need lots of prayers!

      Delete
  3. This does look like a fun soothing project. I love to sit down and applique soft curves, it's just so satisfying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like a fun project. I'm working now w an antique redwork block that is 11" square--no room to trim. Imagine my amazement when my cut 4" hourglass blocks [intended to be trimmed] finished at 2 3/4" and are almost a perfect fit. That never happens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to seeing your redwork blocks and the hourglass blocks together, Lizzy. It is amazing when things fit perfectly together, especially when made decades apart by two different creators.

      Delete
  5. A very pretty basket! I love to work on projects that get created as you go along!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank  you, Kathy.  I love projects like that, too, although they can sometimes be really challenging to me!

      Delete
  6. You know, I was beginning to wonder what had happened to those baskets! Sew glad you are back at them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am surprised anyone is paying close enough attention to my blog to notice when something I've been working on has been set aside. Glad to know that's not true, Grams Jean! Thank you.

      Delete

I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading what you have to say. Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...