Thursday, September 7, 2023

Links to Enjoy #13

There are just a few links this time--architecture, pearl buttons, a sculpture, an old photo album, and some interesting sidewalks.  Oh, and a digital photo organization program. Enjoy!

I especially love the arches at the ruins of Stack Rock Fort in Wales.  What a beautiful structure.

I enjoyed this post about the history of pearl buttons.

I think this sculpture is beautiful and I appreciate the sculptor's attention to supporting the environment.

Do you have thousands of digital photographs which may--or may not--be organized?  This post explains a program called Mylio Photos which will help organize them.  I have not tried this program (and have no affiliation with it) but this post makes it look promising.

This Victorian-era photo album from the 1870s is interesting, curious, and unusual.  What do you think about the page with bats and a spider?

Collaged page utilising photographs and watercolour
Collaged page utilising photographs and watercolour


I would love to see and walk on these sidewalks in person.

I hope you found something interesting.
--Nancy.

4 comments:

  1. I think I forgot to click on publish so I'll try again. I love the sidewalks. I would definitely go out of my way to walk around one of these designs. It's just so clever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it would be a wonderful surprise to come upon these tiled sidewalk repairs while walking in a city. Such fun!

      Delete
  2. The tile work and that Fort, fabulous. I ll be back to read in detail and will enjoy the other links too. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed a post or two of these links, Lizzy. I think the two you mentioned were my favorites.

      Delete

I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading what you have to say. Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...