Sunday, January 7, 2024

Slow Sunday Stitching and One Monthly Goal

I keep having to remind myself: 

     A quilt won't get finished unless I stitch it.

I've been unmotivated for a few months now.  (I didn't set a monthly goal in November or December.)  But I need to keep going with Everyday Patchwork or I'll never finish it.  (And yes,  you've seen that Maple Star block before.  I guess I keep posting it because I love it?)
My goal for January is to finish the row of Baptist Fans I'm currently quilting and quilt one more row of fans across the quilt.  That will finish the quilting on two rows of blocks.  (And I've been at this for months and months!)

If I have minutes to stitch today I'll have this quilt in my hands. 

I'm linking this post to
> Slow Sunday Stitching at Kathy's Quilts and
> One Monthly Goal at Stories from the Sewing Room
Thanks for hosting, ladies.

--Nancy.

8 comments:

  1. So pretty! I always admire your hand quilting--and perseverance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lizzy. Oh, perseverance. It's sometimes slow coming!

      Delete
  2. Such a beautiful quilt, Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kim.  I think of this is a homey, comforting quilt.

      Delete
  3. You can do it! And that Maple Star block is pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your encouragement, Anne-Marie.  One would think now, in winter, would be the perfect time to spend hours quilting!  I need to just do it!

      Delete
  4. I love meeting other quilters that enjoy hand quilting. I do quilts on my machine too, but always have one that I'm doing by hand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Connie.  I've never quilted by machine, only by hand, though I always sew blocks together by machine.

      Delete

I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading what you have to say. Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...