Friday, July 21, 2017

A Sweet Little Finish

Those leftover blocks are now a finished top.  For those of you who visited and left comments on my last post (also about this top) I'm sorry for the repetitiveness of this post.  I just want to document the finish.


In that post I was still deciding which direction the stripes in the border should go.  I chose perpendicular to the edges and like the effect.  Each side of the border has three seams.  I didn't want to interrupt the rhythm of the stripes so aligned them, which was much easier to do than I expected. 

The measurements for this little finish are:  9½" blocks + 1½" sashing + 1" green border + 4½" red border equals a quilt that measures 42½" x 53¼".  Though the measurements might add up to to something different, those are the actual measurements.

It's a sweet little top that will be big enough for a baby or the top of a table.  It won't be the next quilt in my hoop, though.

I'm linking this post to
> Needle and Thread Thursday at My Quilt Infatuation
> finish it up Friday at crazy mom quilts
> Finished or Not Friday at Busy Hands Quilts

Thanks for hosting, ladies.

--Nancy.

20 comments:

  1. Wonderful use of your leftover blocks, Nancy. You pulled them together into a beautiful little quilt. And your efforts at aligning the stripes in the outer border paid off. It really sets it off well. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words about this little quilt, Janet. I appreciate them.

      Delete
  2. It really is a sweet finish! I love using perpendicular striped borders! The work hard in a border.😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Audrey. This is the first time I've used perpendicular stripes in a border and I really like the look of them.

      Delete
  3. Indeed, it is a sweet finish. Really like what you did with the borders!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jennie. I think I'll try stripes again some time. I like them too.

      Delete
  4. ahhhhh! The satisfaction of a finish - nothing can beat it. The border looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Robin. Any finish is satisfying but maybe even more so when it's such a quick finish!

      Delete
  5. That really is a fantastic finish! You did a great job with the the borders and the stripes. It really does feel good to finish a project. Have a great weekend! --Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind and encouraging words, Andrea. I've decided I like stripes a lot! And this is even better than a usual finish because it was so quick.

      Delete
  6. Hi Nancy,
    You did decide to go with the perpendicular! I think that looks great. How are you going to quilt it? I really like that thin green border that matches the cornerstones - really pulls it all together. Nice! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Roseanne, I did decide on the perpendicular. I haven't decided on how to quilt it yet but probably something fairly simple. I'll hand quilt it. Do you have any ideas?

      Delete
  7. So very pretty! I love how the bright center stars shine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Tammy. I like those little stars, too.

      Delete
  8. You're on a roll with these quick finishes. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Monica. I was on a roll but family visiting interrupted. (Of course, I'm thrilled to have family visit and will take that kind of interruption any day!)

      Delete
  9. What a sweet finish from leftovers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can't see pretty things too often! The stripes are a perfect border. I like that block a lot - a variation on one of my favorites anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so kind, Susan. Thank you. Now that it's finished, I've decided I really like stripes in a border. I think I'll use them again.

      Delete

I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading what you have to say. Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...