Friday, December 28, 2018

The Last Little Finish of 2018

This is one of my favorite blocks from the "Flowers" quilt by Linda Brannock.  She calls it "Stocks."  I'm calling it "Snaps."  Stocks' colors didn't go with the rest of the quilt but snapdragons' colors work much better.  This block is 7½" x 23½" unfinished.  The perfect size for tall flowers.

Stocks from Linda Brannock's Flowers Quilt

My One Monthly Goal for December was to finish appliqueing the blocks below, "Cacti" and "Stocks."  I'm pleased to have finished both before the last day of the month (and the year!).

Two blocks from Linda Brannock's Flowers Quilt

Both are far less than perfect.  The patterns are quirky to begin with, but I think my interpretation adds another level of quirkiness to them.  The vase on the right -- oh my gosh thank goodness it's fabric and not ceramic.  If pottery it would certainly tip over and spill both water and flowers.

It's going to be interesting to see how all the blocks for this quilt work together (or fail to do so).  There are two more to stitch:  "Pineapple" and "Marigolds and Blueberries."

I'm linking this post to
> Finished or Not Friday at Busy Hands Quilts
> One Monthly Goal December Finish Link-up
> Peacock Party at Wendy's Quilts and More
Thank you for hosting, ladies.

--Nancy.
.

14 comments:

  1. My flowers quilt is nothing but quirky!! LOL! Yours is so lovely...the colors really are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julie. Quirky always works for primitive quilts, doesn't it?

      Delete
  2. I love your "Snaps" block, the colors are perfect and that vase is just the right size and shape - it looks like you are viewing through an old wavy glass window to a distant table inside a country cabin. Very charming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Pat. I love the image of viewing through old, wavy glass in a country cabin. I will remember than as I continue to work on this quilt.

      Delete
  3. These are fun blocks. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Patty, and thanks for hosting One Monthly Goal.

      Delete
  4. They look great! Thank you for linking up with the Peacock Party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Wendy, and thanks for creating and hosting Peacock Party.

      Delete
  5. Great work, I love your blocks. Still looking for my patterns. I have a suspicion I gave them away after I finished my quilt. Anyway love how yours is looking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind comment about my blocks, Karrin.

      I hope you find your patterns, or maybe remember who may have them so you can borrow them back for a while.

      Delete
  6. I think it turned out beautifully! Both blocks are lovely. Nice work, Nancy.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading what you have to say. Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...