Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Mid-Year Review of Progress

I'm still committed to finishes this year.  When I checked my list from the beginning of the year I realized how much (or in some cases, how little) I've accomplished. 


These are my finishes or partial finishes:

  ✔ Everyday Patchwork:  top is finished
  ✔ Cheddarback:  top is finished
  ✔ The Blue and the Gray:  quilting in progress
  ✔ Little Rubies:  completely finished

- - - - - - - - - -

Baskets of Plenty quilt blocks
These Baskets of Plenty measure 10½" x 13½".  The squares with red circles measure 5".
















I've made progress on these quilts
- - - - - - - - - -

Quilts I haven't touched:
The last two will be more challenging than the ones I've already finished and I think they will require more time.  I better get crackin'!

I know many quilters who finish dozens of quilts in a year and I admire them for it but I'm just not that fast.  No problem, but it feels great to make progress.

--Nancy.
.

8 comments:

  1. I would say you can feel a real sense of accomplishment! Lots of progress. The flower appliqué is so cute. I clicked on your link for Linda B's flowers and that top is very nice as well with the triangle setting. I wonder if you still want to "edit" that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cynthia.  Good progress but so much more to do!  I'm not sure what I'll decide to do about Flowers.  Linda Brannock's original had less sashing triangle squares and I thought I could just make it bigger by increasing the number or rows in the sashing but when I'd finished I wasn't sure.  It won't be the next quilt I work on, maybe 2nd or 3rd down the line.  I'll decide what to do after I lay it out again.

      Delete
  2. Wonderful finishes !! You have a lot of lovely projects in the works--hard to pick one to work on...hugs Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julierose.  I seem to have left the hardest or the ones that will take longest for last.  I should have done it the other way around!

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you finished piecing Everyday Patchwork. It is so pretty. I think it looks festive too, you should put it up for Christmas. I often compare my progress to others' and when they finish 12 or more quilts in a year, it can be discouraging. I don't usually machine quilt (and I'm okay with that) so it takes longer for a finish. I find myself sewing every day. It's my way of feeling like I am accomplishing something while I'm sitting around waiting for things to get better. I've finished more quilt tops than I've quilted so I'm making more work for myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Robin.  I'm happy with it.  I just hope the edges of the applique don't fray, even though they're tucked under.

      I sew every day, too.  It's satisfying to do something and see immediate results.  I often sew or quilt while I'm watching the news or the occasional TV program, or applique while riding in the car.  And yet, I still seem to be slow at finishing things, especially hand quilted quilts. I think it takes less time to make a top than to hand quilt a whole quilt.  But maybe that's just my slowness.  And, as you say, if I compare myself -- with one or two finished quilts a year -- with someone who finishes more, well... I've quit comparing (though I do notice).  I try to just admire! 

      Delete
  4. You have mad3 some great projects on some beautiful quilts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Karrin.  Even slow progress is progress, right?

      Delete

I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading what you have to say. Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...