Thursday, March 30, 2023

FYI - About Not Being Able to Leave Comments on Blogs

I learned about the dilemma I mentioned a week or so ago about not being able to leave comments without agreeing to third-party cookies.  I thought Blogger was the creating the problem (and in a way it is, by insisting on cookies) but I finally figured out that Firefox, the browser I use, is responsible.  It's very protective of its users by preventing unnecessary and unwanted cookies.  (Which explains why not everyone has this problem.)  I finally agreed to cookies and decided I could just delete them every few days if I had problems.

I'm glad I got that worked out.  Now I don't have to remember to leave my name, email address, and blog url whenever I leave a comment.

If you've had this problem and use Firefox, I hope this helps.

--Nancy.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for that information. I use Firefox, too, and prefer it, but I have the added thing of being a Mac user. Having used both major platforms, plus Unix, I will stay with Mac and Firefox!

    I only have the problems on some blogs, and it's both Blogspot and Wordpress. I have to sign in to comment/reply on my OWN blog, but not on everyone's, which seems odd. I do allow limited cookies, but what Blogspot always wants to know is if it can see my location - weird!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is strange about location with blogger. Other websites ask me that but I've never had blogger ask. I always decline.

      Delete

I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading what you have to say. Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...