Tuesday, October 31, 2023

Quilting Everyday Patchwork

I really like this Maple Star and it's wonderful scrappiness.
It's one of the blocks in the second-from-the-bottom row of Everyday Patchwork.
You can hardly tell from the photo that I met my goal of finishing a row of hand quilting.  In fact, I finished one row (I was about a third of the way along it), then finished another complete row, and am beginning the next row.  That gets me to only the second row of blocks.  I really have to pick up the pace -- faster quilting or more time quilting -- if I want to finish this quilt any time in the next year.

The weather has gotten colder here with a chilling wind.  When I looked out the window just a few minutes ago I saw snow on the ground and it's still snowing!  I believe this is the earlier snow I can remember in my life in Ohio.  It's crazy!

I'm linking this post to October One Monthly Goal Finish Link Up at Stories from the Sewing Room.  Thank you for hosting, Anne-Marie.

--Nancy.

8 comments:

  1. Any progress is better than no progress! This looks like a fun quilt to work on as you revisit each block. Mixed rain and snow here earlier this afternoon, we may well awaken to a white world tomorrow. Not the first time we have experienced snow on halloween.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that's true, Pat, about any progress.... It's been fun to quilt but also sometimes challenging to see where I'm going with the quilting when I come to the darker prints.
      Did you awake to a white world? It seems like winter is coming earlier than usual this year, at least to some areas of the country.

      Delete
  2. That is a great block in the hoop. I would be thrilled if I was making the progress you have made. I am so slow about hand quilting, and I would be way too embarrassed to tell you how long my current "in the hoop" project has been there!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Janet. I like that block a lot, too. I keep thinking it might be good for a really scrappy quilt.
      I remember you've mentioned that you're slow to hand quilt these days. But you accomplish a lot with your little quilts! I'm not doing too much of anything these days except hand quilting....

      Delete
  3. You're doing great! We didn't get any snow here in south central Indiana, but we did have a really hard frost this week. I'm from Michigan and remember wearing snow pants to trick or treat quite a few times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anne-Marie.
      Oh, yes, Michigan would have been in the snow belt of the Great Lakes! I'm shivering just thinking about it. I lived in Northern Ohio when I was a child and we had much more snow than Central Ohio does, but I loved it then--and wish for more now.

      Delete
  4. You are making terrific progress! My downstairs family is moving out this week so there will be room to set up my quilt frames again. I've been wanting to do Baptist Fan on one of my tops. It looks so great on your quilt. I'm looking forward to the snow. . . maybe then my husband will stop bringing in stuff from the garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your encouraging comment, Robin.
      That will be so wonderful for you to be able to set up your frames again. I really do love Baptist Fans. You could easily do big ones with a quilting frame instead of a hoop.
      I'm looking forward to snow, too, though I'm already feeling cold most of the time. I'll have to dig out my silk shirts.
      It's amazing that your garden (or is it your husband's garden?) is still producing. I always thought the harvest ended near the end of September.

      Delete

I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading what you have to say. Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...