Thursday, July 26, 2012

The Fragrance of Lavender

This is the harvest from my single lavender plant. It was cut from the bush before the flowers were fully open so as to preserve the fragrance and to keep the buds on the stems.

I wish you could smell the fragrance. It fills my home. I hope Heaven smells like lavender. (But then, when the woodbine is in bloom, I hope the same thing.)

I often weave lavender baskets. A friend once asked me to show her how. She decided it was just too hard. One does have to manage keeping 15 stems in order without breaking them and also keep the ribbon smooth, neat, and unsullied.
This lavender bush -- or shrub -- is not mine. It grows at the Arboretum at the University of Kentucky. It is probably 5 feet across. The horticulturist was very proud of it.
Lovely, lovely lavender!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to bogland! I am always interested in blogs with Grace in the name.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading what you have to say. Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...