What a big surprise to learn that my blog and I received the Liebster Award. Thank you so much, Hilary! Hilary's beautiful blog is Lemon Loves. I encourage you to read her post about the award and learn a little about her. You might also like to visit some of the blogs she chose for the award.
Liebster is a German word that translates to dearest, favorite, best. The Liebster Blog Award is given to new bloggers who have less than 200 followers and is a way to recognize them, show that they're appreciated, and spread the word about their blogs. What fun!
The details of the award go like this:
1. Post 11 random things about yourself.
2. Answer the 11 questions given by the nominator.
3. Create 11 new questions for those you nominate.
4. Choose 11 new blogs (less than 200 followers or blogging for less than 6 months) and link to them in your post. (To those who receive this award from me, will you please leave a comment on this post with a link to your Liebster post so I can learn more about you? Thank you!)
Eleven random things about me!
~ Chocolate is one of my favorite vegetables.
~ I was a tomboy (or is it tomgirl?) when I was a child.
~ From spring to fall, I hang most of our laundry outside to dry in the heat and sun. I love the fresh fragrance of sun-dried sheets and towels.
~ Going to the dentist and housecleaning are two of my least favorite things.
~ I'm a homebody and would rather sleep in my own bed than anywhere else yet I love to travel and see new places. If only I could carry my bed with me.
~ I love light and enjoy watching how the light changes from morning to night and from season to season.
~ I'm more introvert than extrovert.
~ Family history is another love.
~ George Winston is one of my favorite musicians.
~ My husband and I foster abandoned, rescued Airedales.
~ Sewing seems like second nature to me, I've been doing it so long.
Eleven questions from Hilary
1. What gets you out of bed in the morning?
~ There's so much to do and there's already so little time!
2. Who do you admire?
~ I have a very dear friend - she's kind-hearted, generous, thoughtful, patient, with many other wonderful attributes.
3. If I gave you £100 /$100 what would you spend it on?
~I'd probably sock it away until there was something I really wanted or needed. A want might include fabric....
4. Sausages or prawns?
~I've never eaten prawns but if they taste like shrimp, that's my choice.
5. What is the last thing you read?
~The Old Wives' Tale by Arnold Bennett. It was written in the early 1900s and tells the story of two sisters who go their separate ways and reconnect when they're older. It covers their lives from their late teens in 1866 until their deaths when they're in their 60s.
6. What is the last thing you made?
~I finished hand quilting a quilt but still have to put the binding on it.
7. What is your favourite childhood memory?
~Spending time with my grandmother: she always had time for me. I visited her nearly every day after school and she always offered me Vienna bread and soft butter. Butter was a huge treat because we ate margarine at home. She also taught me to crochet granny squares and shopped for yarn with me.
8. What makes you laugh out loud?
~I can laugh while watching a movie or reading a book. I first read Anne of Green Gables when my daughter was a baby. I read while she nursed and my laughter often interrupted her. She would look up, stare, wait till I quit laughing then start nursing again, only to repeat the cycle.
9. If you had to choose a word to describe today – what would it be?
~melancholy (It's very grey here today.)
10. Mountain top or beach?
~Both. Beach in the summer, though not sunbathing. Playing in the water and walking on the sand. Spring and fall, the eastern U.S. mountains with plenty of trees.
11. Why do you blog?
~It's fun to share my creative activities from the safety of a computer. (Did I say I lean toward being an introvert?) When I share them in person people sometimes ohh and ahh and it feels really uncomfortable.
Eleven questions for my nominated blogs
1. What is your favorite kind of cheese?
2. Do you prefer wearing pants/jeans or dresses/skirts?
3. How long have you been involved in the topic(s) you blog about?
4. Do you have a pet and if so, write something about him/her.
5. What is your favorite season and why?
6. What color are your living room walls?
7. Are you an early bird or night owl?
8. How did you choose your blog's title?
9. What one thing can you not live without?
10. What are your favorite color and color combinations and have they changed over time?
11. What is your favorite movie and how many times have you watched it?
And now, the best part of this award... passing it on to eleven other blogs/bloggers
Dieting on One Leg
365 Days and Other Ramblings
The Patriotic Quilter
MADAKAMOM - Wife, Mom, Nana
Sami's Quilts and Crafts
A Handle on It
I Quilt for Fun
To the recipients of this award, please remember to come back to this post and leave a comment with the link to your Liebster post so I can learn
more about you. Thank you!
I hope you, my dear readers, will click over to these blocks, have a look around, leave a comment, and follow them if you choose. They are lovely blogs and I know they would appreciate your visits.
Thanks again, Hilary.