Friday, November 11, 2016

Thank You, Veterans

With a grateful heart I thank veterans of the United States Armed Forces.  Without their service our freedoms would be curtailed and our lives would be much different.

I sometimes wonder if the burden of soldiers in and returning from active duty is greater than we realize.  They sacrifice time away from family, friends, and regular civilian life.  They return with images of war and loss burned into memory.  And sometimes they live the rest of their lives with mental or physical losses and/or medical challenges.

While the words "thank you" seem so inadequate for all our veterans have given, I will say them because I am grateful for the sacrifices.  Thank you to out veterans. 

--Nancy.
.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you. In the UK we have 'Remembrance Day' and most places (including my Weight Watchers meeting!) observe 2 minutes silence at 11am. It's sobering to stop in the middle of our busyness and remember those who've given their lives or been permanently damaged in our defense.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Allison. I remember "11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month" but it doesn't seem to be a tradition in the U.S. to observe silence at 11 a.m. I think it's a great thing to do. Two minutes of a nation's time once a year is so little compared to all our veterans have sacrificed for us.

      Delete

I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading what you have to say. Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...